Afghanistan Centre for Dispute Resolution (ACDR):
The Afghanistan Centre for Commercial Dispute Resolution (ACDR) is a new center for dispute resolution developed by the Afghanistan Chamber of Commerce and Industries (ACCI) in close collaboration with Harakat along with the technical assistance of the ADR Center. The goal of ACDR is to provide a rapid, professional and transparent ADR (Alternative Dispute Resolution). The aim of ACDR is to attract and maintain business and commercial enterprises to the region by providing dispute resolution that is fast, fair, cost-effective and reliable. The Center, based in Kabul, is the first of its kind in Afghanistan and provides domestic and international Mediation, Arbitration, Calculation and Expert-view services for commercial disputes.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Supervise the ACDR management and administration team
2. Represent the ACDR in high, technical and legal national and international organizations
3. Write proposals, manage funds, and follow the implementation of the projects.
4. Coordination and liaison with donors; international and local organizations
5. Administer the Calculation, Mediation and Arbitration cases from start to finish
6. Collect reports from the Case managers, Finance and Admin
7. Maintain a healthy relation with the management, the steering committee and the board of Directors
8. Ensure transparency and impartiality in the dispute settlement process
9. Develop strategic plans for capacity building of the mediators, arbitrators and the staff.
10. Administer the developing policies, strategies, planning, budget, operation, communication, public awareness, and other important organizational goals.
11. Implement the short-term and long-term goals and activities of the ACDR
12. Formulate and design funding policies for the organization based on the prudent procedures.
13. Develop campaign and branding strategies for the organization
14. Summarize reports of the activities from the departments and presenting the report to the Steering Committee and Board of Directors. Implementing actions purposed/ordered by the mentioned boards.
The director is responsible for the overall management of the ACDR, the commercial and business cases such as Arbitration, Mediation, Calculation, and Expert-View. The Director should have the ability to write proposals for funding and keep professional communication with donor organizations. The director should have background in Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) or related fields.
The director reports to the Board of Directors, International Advisory Board, Independent Monitoring Committee and the Steering Committee.
|Closing Date:||23/05/2019||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Legal and Management||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Permanent||Years of Experience:||Minimum 3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
- Excellent organizational behavior
- Strong Communication skills.
- Personal Competency and Creativity
- Must have good computer applications knowledge such as MS. Office and Outlook
- Well understand of Afghanistan business environment
- Should be fluent in English language (Business or Legal and Academic English).
- Adequate knowledge of management is essential
- Good knowledge of private sector and market economy
- Result oriented and strongly believe in teamwork
- At least bachelor degree in Law or related field
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience in legal and judiciary field or relevant work for similar public or private entity
- Master’s preferred
Short-listed candidates will be invited for written test and interview with the ACDR Board members recruitment panel. Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted. We kindly ask all applicants not to inquire about their application status.
Applicants must include the position title and vacancy number in the subject line.
Applicants must include/attach the following with their CV:
- Higher education degree/Diploma
- Work experience Certification/ Evidence
- English Language Certificate/Diploma
Applications should be submitted to both of the following emails before 21 May 2019.