The Afghanistan Centre for Commercial Dispute Resolution (ACDR) is a center for dispute resolution developed by Harakat – AICFO and the Afghanistan Chamber of Commerce and Industries (ACCI) along with the technical assistance of the ADR Center. The goal of ACDR is to provide a rapid, professional and transparent ADR (Alternative Dispute Resolution). The aim of ACDR is to attract and maintain business and commercial enterprises to the region by providing dispute resolution that is fast, fair, cost-effective and reliable. The Center, based in Kabul, is the first of its kind in Afghanistan and provides domestic and international Arbitration, mediation, calculation and expert services for commercial disputes.
The Case Manager (CM) will be administrating and managing the mediation, arbitration, expert and calculation cases along with the other case manager and also serve as legal advisor to the ACDR. It will be necessary for the case manager to have experience with ADR (Alternative Dispute Resolution) and/or litigation. The CM will advise the Center on both international and domestic legal issues, such as changes to relevant laws, in addition to directly supporting mediators in more high-profile or international cases. The incumbent will also represent the ACDR in highly technical or legal conferences nationally and internationally.
Date Posted: July .31. 2018
Closing Date: August .10. 2018
Position: Case Manager
Number of Positions: 1
Organization: The Afghanistan Center for Commercial Dispute Resolution (ACDR)
Salary: According to organization salary range.
Probationary Period: Two months.
Duration: One year with the possibility of extension.
Duty Station: Kabul, Afghanistan
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Writing and drafting legal briefs for cases (Mediation, Arbitration, Calculation and Expert)
- Perform Legal research, legal analysis and factual research
- Maintain a professional filing system, database of cases, and reports and other documents
- Writing and develop reports for each task completed or event conducted at ACDR
- Administrating and managing the arbitration, mediation, calculation and expert processes at all stages, like, calculation of fees, contacting arbitrators, mediators, experts, scheduling meetings, communication, preparing documents and forms, and producing agendas and taking minutes
- Work with the Finance Officer, Communication and other peers to prepare necessary invoices, forms and documents.
- Assisting and supporting the arbitrators and mediators as necessary during the case sessions
- Offering legal advice to ACDR
- Representing the ACDR in highly technical or legal conferences nationally or internationally
- Translating legal documents whenever necessary in English, Pashto and Dari.
- Support the management in liaising with communication, research and reporting
- Preparing training materials, slides, researches and other necessary forms and documents
- Conduct field surveys outside office,
- Travel to Afghanistan provinces as necessary
- Travel outside the country for legal training workshops for short and long period of time.
- Deliver trainings to staff, peers and beneficiaries after participation in each training outside the country.
- Develop different reports on performed activities.
- Performing any other relevant duties as necessary and when requested by the Director of the ACDR.
Qualification and Experience:
- Bachelor Degree in Law; an MA degree will be preferred
- Minimum (3) three years’ legal experience, preferably in commercial law
- Experience with the ADR (Alternative Dispute Resolution) and/or litigation
- Excellent communication skills in English, Pashto and Dari
- Good computer skills
- Good management skills
You are requested to first carefully read the TOR and pay attention to the requirements of this position and then apply. Please submit your CVs with a cover letter explaining your suitability & interest for this job and send it to the email address mentioned below. Please mention the position name & vacancy announcement number in subject line of your message. Otherwise, your application will not be considered.
Applications received after the closing date will not be considered